- A natural, gentle shampoo that looks after your hair and your scalp
- Made with a combination of coconut and glucose based cleansers
- Free from harsh synthetic detergents (SLS) that can dry out the hair
- Milk Protein helps protect hair fibres and revitalizes its natural protective layer
- Free from silicone-based ingredients that can build up and weigh hair down
- Piroctone Olamine helps maintain and control the microflora of the scalp
- This product has been Dermatologically Tested. You may have seen “Dermatologically Tested” on lots of products before, but what does this mean? To check out the full report and summary of the test we did on this product, click here
Our Milk Shampoo is one of our most popular products. It was originally made for a family member who had a scalp so itchy they went to bed with olive oil on their scalp and cling wrap around their head. It took us 6 months of trialing until we were able to banish the cling wrap to the kitchen for good.
We combine small amounts of 5 different natural cleaners as this can be gentler on the hair than one concentrated cleanser. We chose natural cleansers that wash and foam up fairly well, although the foaming action isn’t quite as intense as it would if we used a synthetic detergent like SLS (or other common culprits that end in –fate). But we’re happy to make this small trade-off to use more natural ingredients that are healthier for us and the environment. This just means a little more agitation required to build up the lather, which if you look at it another way, a great excuse for a head massage.
One thing we hear a lot about our shampoo is how lovely the smell is. We couldn’t agree more. For this, we sourced a phthalate-free fragrant oil so you can have beautiful smelling hair without the sensitivity.
Let us know if you have any questions about our shampoo and we’ll do our best to wash your concerns away. Want to know more? Check out our blog post: Debunking Shampoo for an interesting read.